Wildwood Park was pretty nice. And rather empty on Sundays.
Katie is a little beach bum. Couldn't keep her out of the ocean.
She was so excited that she tripped and fell in the water that she tried to do it again on purpose.
Finally dragged her out and pacified her with a shovel and pail. This is Long Beach, WA. It's a lovely beach, and it wasn't terribly crowded.
Sunday, the boys went fishing, and Katie and I drove up to Ocean Park, then bopped around Long Beach. Then, we didn't take a nap...
But we did make three laps around the campground looking for treasures...
Played a little b-ball...
And spent two hours digging in the sand pit.
Little girl had a hard time being away from home. She cried to be in her own bed, despite the fun she had during the day.
We also had a couple of wonderful visits with Dennis and Colleen, who hosted us Friday and graciously took us in on Sunday night as we escaped from the (potential) storm on the coast. We also stopped at Multnomah Falls. Katie liked the water, but I'll be really honest and tell you that what thrilled her was the train that went by as we were passing under the rails. She stood there cheering and "Choo choo!"ing it as it went by. Unfortunately, I threw the camera down in the car (accidentally, I swear!) and jostled it so there are no pictures. However, I will leave you with this parting shot, that I like to call Girl Giggling at Campfire.
No comments:
Post a Comment