Jul 8, 2013

A girl and her boy

From the time we told Katie we were pregnant, sometime last spring, she would talk about her "boy."  She would say things like, "Will my boy come to Angie's with me?"  and "I can't wait to play Legos with my boy." 


She was devoted to him before he was born (except for that few minutes at our anatomy ultrasound, where we found out our baby was indeed a boy.  Then she threw a surprising fit about getting a baby sister, for about 5 minutes.)

And nothing has changed.  Wherever Bowen is, Katie is sure to be close by.  Whenever she comes into the room, he looks around at the sound of her voice.  She was rewarded with his first smile, his first giggle.  He is showered with kisses and snuggles.  After seven months, the shine is still not off her baby brother, and he is increasingly enamored with her. 

(photo courtesy Audelia Dobin)

I'm so lucky to have these two little humans in my life.  I'm excited to see what they do in their own lives, and how their relationship grows as they do.  And part of me is a little fearful, too.  What have I gotten myself into? 

Bandit's Bandits

1 comment:

Kurt n Des said...

oh this is such a cute post. I love how cute they are together. He is sure to miss her when she starts school.