This has been such a snowy week! Neither Jared nor I can remember this much snow in the Tri-Cities. It started last weekend, and really hasn't stopped since. The schools were on two hour delay all week (including Wednesday, which was also early release! Historical day...). As of late Sunday evening, we have at least a foot on the ground, and are only granted what appears to be a temporary reprieve. I'm pretty sure that White Christmas won't be just a dream...
Jared has had Tiny out playing fetch, since the poor pup can hardly walk in snow up to his belly.
Katie enjoys watching them through the front window.
We haven't taken Katie out to play in the snow, because it's been much too cold. Temperatures have been in the single digits for much of the week. It got up towards the 20s today, which is why Jared's just in a T-shirt :)
Additionally, it's been a pretty rotten week. Monday night we lost power (and heat) for about five and a half hours. It got pretty chilly in the house! We all hunkered down under about four blankets. When we got Katie up, even her nose was toasty, which was pretty amazing. It took the heater the rest of the week to get back up to speed and start actually warming things up around here.
Wednesday night, I caught the oven on fire. I was cooking some pastry thing when the butter melted out and flared up. I panicked, and Jared came to the rescue with the fire extinguisher. Which sucks to clean out of the oven. Although, really, I recommend the Method tub and tile cleaner. Gosh, I love that stuff!
Here's a parting snow shot:
No comments:
Post a Comment