Dec 28, 2008

My little girl

I have been realizing this past week that my baby is quickly turning into a little girl! I knew it would happen, I just wasn't quite prepared. Katie's getting such a personality, so silly and sincere at the same time. She's quick with a smile and slow with the tears (except at bedtime!) and is always friendly with everyone. She really seems to enjoy people so much, and really gets a kick out of interacting with them. She's a huge flirt, and seems to think that a smile should get her out of all trouble.

And boy, does Katie know how to find trouble! My busy little climber seems to be everywhere at once. She's almost completely abandoned crawling, and is walking everywhere. She climbs on the back of the couch to get to the front window. Today, she and Tiny worked in cahoots to knock the baby gate down!

Katie is interacting with people in so many new ways. She is starting to share. Today she traded me a Cheez-It for a Nuk. She's pretty good at making her desires known. This afternoon she ran back to her room, grabbed a blankie, and let me know she was ready for a nap! She's given up the swaddle, and sleeps with a blankie like a big girl. She's playing with toys (good thing, because Santa left his entire workshop here!) and loves stuffed animals.



She's such a precious little girl, and I feel so lucky that she is mine!

No comments: