I saw this on another blog this morning, and it got me thinking about what I am treasuring right now. Obviously, I thought about Katie. But what about her right now do I especially treasure? What encapsulates this instant in her life?
Noise.
My girl has always been a noisy baby. Forget the baby monitor, we had to shut her door as an infant. And right now she is experimenting with all kinds of noises. She blows raspberries and clicks her tongue. She is always singing, or laughing at the dog. She's just figured out how to stomp her feet, and especially likes it on the tile with her jelly shoes. She'll take her popper push toy to the tile and bang it on the floor, just because it's noisy. She stands on the hearth, flings her arms out and yells. "Ta da!" she says. Here I am.
As I watched her bounce around the living room this afternoon, I tried to really listen to the joyful noises my daughter was making. I reminded myself that there will come a day, all too soon, when this house is quiet again. Until then, bring on the noise.
No comments:
Post a Comment