We got a new camera recently, (thank you, SlickDeals!) and I don't totally know what all we have going on. I'm certainly no photographer!
I wanted to show off Katie's pigtails! Baby Girl has hair, all of a sudden, and the most adorable, fuzzy little curls in the back!
She's not quite sure what's going on up there...
But she was ok with them. I think she liked that it kept her hair out of her eyes! I'm still practicing, so the part is totally wonky and the tails are uneven. Now we just have to teach Daddy!
I think I might have to change my desktop photo at school to this one:
as a reminder to stay happy and silly. This has been such a good year, so far, and I need to remember to choose to be in a good mood. I cannot let those students who make bad decisions get me down. They are choosing their own paths, and the consequences will come into play soon. It's hard, knowing that there is frequently a simple solution to the problem.
Please ignore the heavily loaded bookcase. As Destructor has gotten taller, babyproofing has consisted of moving things off of shelves onto higher ground. Consequently, all the lower shelves are fair game:
Mama is considering signing her up for gymnastics. At least she falls well. Her new trick is to stand on the arm of the couch, and faceplant onto the cushions. Lovely.
Finally, because this NEVER happens... A rare photograph of the wild and wily Katemonster in hibernation:
She hasn't let me sneak up on her asleep since she was a few weeks old. Every time I'd lean over the crib her eyes would pop open and she'd get up. I swear the girl can smell me at 50 paces. Tonight, though, she was cranky (she's phasing out her afternoon nap) and so we popped her in bed for a half hour. When I went in to wake her, she was snoring, and let me take THREE flash pictures of her! Then I moved her arm (I sleep with my arm twisted like that sometimes too. It's weird.) and finally tickled her neck to wake her up.
She's sleeping on that great scrappy quilt Sari made for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment