Jun 24, 2009

Someone to watch over me

This was not the way I planned to end our vacation to Tacoma.

We had a great trip there. I'll post pics, if I get the cord to the camera out of the car. Coming home, however, was not good.

The front passenger tire blew just south of Benton City. I think it just shredded. I was driving, and tried to take the car to the shoulder, but I lost control pretty badly. We hit the dirt on the shoulder and rolled twice. Everyone is doing pretty well, considering the circumstances. They took the three of us (me, Jared and Katie) by ambulance to Kadlec. Jared and I both had neck/back pain, so we were strapped down to get x-rays, but everything is fine. Probably just some pulled muscles. Katie was strapped into her Britax and just has a couple of bruises from the straps and a cut on her finger, probably from the shattered windshield. She is spending tonight at her cousin's house, so Jared and I can get some good rest tonight. I miss my baby, though! This is her first night away from us!

I can't believe everyone was able to walk away from it. The car looks terrible, but we are all ok. I know there are a couple of angels looking out for us!













3 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness, Jamie!! I am so glad you were all alright. The pictures of the car are just crazy!!! Thank goodness for angels!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you guys are okay. I am sure it was terrifying. You absolutely do have angels watching over you.

Lisa said...

So sorry this happened and very glad everyone's okay. I believe if you contact Britax they will send you a new seat if you give them the one from the wreck for testing. That saves some $$! =)