Sep 24, 2009

We Have the Sick

Ugh. What a start of a school year. I haven't taken two sick days in a row since the baby was born (and I so don't count that as being sick) but we are just gross over here. And in the midst of a swine flu scare, I have felt like a walking, putrid soup of germs. Nice, huh?

Katie was watching a Caillou episode where Caillou is sick, and everytime he coughed, she coughed. I felt bad, later, for accusing her of faking, as she lay in her bed, coughing and crying.

One of my students, yesterday, asked, "Mrs. Whit, are you gonna be gone tomorrow? 'Cause you look like crap." And I did. So I am home. After a quick trip to Kania Clinic, it has been determined that I had a virus that aggravated my asthma, and I've been having an asthma attack for the past two days. I'm now on a nice cocktail of decongestants, steroids, and cough medicine, and feel like an actual, bipedal human being again. Ready to chase an actual, bipedal, snot-nosed toddler who has more energy than humanly necessary.

And we sent Jared away from the germ swamp to visit his buddy in Chicago. Here's hoping he outruns it!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm glad things are looking better. Sick mommy's are the worst, because you can't call in sick for that job!

My kids LOVE Caillou!!