Nov 17, 2009

I'm so thankful for...

...reflection.

I got this idea for a series of posts about gratitude from a friend. She recently had a very negative experience, and was able to turn it around into a reflective opportunity to let more light shine on her blessings. It's been eye-opening to force myself to articulate what I am thankful for. Life has not been easy for me the last few years, and I try very hard to live in those beautiful little moments that arise quickly but seem to be gone before you fully grasp them. I know very well how life change irrevocably in an instant. It has been a very healthy, very calming way to end my day, to think back on everything that happened and choose one moment that I want to share. Sometime it's been silly, but mostly it's been something heart-filling. And even on the silly days, I've been grateful for those deeply personal moments that are too sacred to share with the universe.

So, I guess I'm also thankful for blogs!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Thank you Jamie, for such kind words. I'm thankful for blogs and supportive friends, too! I'm beginning my week of thankful posts today, I hope they are as good as yours have been!

P.S. I looked in your box to get ready to mail it and sure enough- ALL the food items I had gotten were expired! Oops. :) So, I'll be replacing them and get it out soon... before we move! :)