Nov 12, 2009

I'm so thankful for...

...the life I am allowed to live.



We just read this book for book club, and it has made me so grateful to be a woman, but especially to be a woman who has a respectful, loving husband. I'm grateful that I can have a career of my choosing, that I am allowed to be educated, that I chose the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, that I can choose the number of children I want to have. None of these decisions were made for my by someone else.

I highly recommend this book. Wonderful, gripping characters. It was fascinating to read about the struggles of women in other parts of the world.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I didn't read this book because Kiterunner made me physically ill to read (actually, I'm feeling a little nauseous right now just thinking about it). Perhaps I should pick it up, though!

I could use a little perspective!