Totally not how I wanted to spend my Thanksgiving break.
Went to the ER early Saturday morning. Turns out I was having a gall bladder attack. Before they could take it out, though, they had to get my blood work under control. All of my electrolytes and proteins were extremely low. So they pumped me full of fluids and potassium to get them up, and took out my gall bladder Sunday morning.
I really thought that being forced to relax and watch Food Network all day would have been a little slice of heaven, but being hooked up to two IVs and only able to eat ice chips was not the way to do it. I was never so glad to get home to my little girl!
Thank you so much to everyone who has taken such good care of my family, watched Katie, brought food, offered help so freely. Especially to my dearest husband, who juggled girl and home and me so capably. I am so blessed, and thankful for all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope you're feeling better and glad you came through ok!
One good thing about gall bladder removal surgery - you don't have to worry about having to do it twice!
Post a Comment